Wednesday, March 21, 2007

PoW! 21st Week

Does an alley cat meow when it is "bangag"?
Or does it purrrrr like a crazy angry ugly hag?
Or will it screeeeech like a sports car zipping
In full throttle with gleaming body streaking.
Drive it up the mountainous highways fast
Like a bullet from a gun, gone far in a flash.
While the fowl on the water is having a drink
so slow, but lovely in her dress of lively pink.

Here are this week's FPC's PoW!s, in no order of preference:

porsche HDR
"Porsche HDR"
by: Joachim Guanzon
No Exifs Available

Description: my boss and I took this car up the canyon here in Lehi, UT for a few promotional shots, I suggested we used HDR just for kicks... I got a lot of compliments from this shot as well

Editor's Comment: I like how this product shot of the car is done with HDR. The venue shows the idea how fast the car can go. Make me want to have one myself. :)

Having a drink
"Having a Drink"
by: Igorms
Nikon D200, 1/160, f/5.6, 400mm, ISO1600

Editor's Comment: What I like about this shot is the surprise that you get when you click on the thumbnail. What you think as a slender backside of a woman with legs on the water and the head lost in a cloud of pink (or is it fuchsia) and white and black is not what it turns out to be be when you see the larger photo.

Igor makes good use of his big gun and shows his affiliation with nature with this wonderful photo of wildlife. Though it could use about a half-stop more exposure, it is quite a riveting sight watching this fowl take a sip through its funnel-like beak. And it makes you think why it doesn't just bend its knee so it could get to the water easier.

Bangag
"Bangag"
by: Captchaos
No Exifs Available

Description: I had another dream. I dreamed I saw a party Cat! But he was not happy... in fact he had dagger eyes!

Editor's Comment: This image is mesmerizing. I like the colors most of all. It's ironic that a gray colored cat can be such a colorful photograph. And those eyes, wow! So sharp and so arresting.

No comments: