Wednesday, October 10, 2007

PoW! 45th Week

Here are this week's FPC's PoW!s, in no order of preference:

"300" -- Philippine version
"300 -- Philippine Version"
by: mtxtremist
No Exifs Available

Editor's Comment: This is what i call "A Photographer in Action". kudos to the photographer's courage and determination to produce quality photos and news, despite the risk of getting caught in the middle of both sides. Great! Just Superb Photojournalism.

clear
"Clear"
by: Gilbert "gilbz" Gamolo
Canon EOS 30D, 1/13, f/16, 68mm, ISO200

Photographer's Comment: "Wala ako magawa last night eh"("I had nothing to do last night"). I just practiced lighting products (applied rim lighting as well). Just grabbed my shampoo from the bathroom since I also love the matte blue finish of the bottle. Did some post processing with lightroom then fine tuned the dithered background in photoshop CS and added the reflection and the copy.

Editor's Comment: Very productive idle time, Gilbz! Very professional hob on the lighting and the post-processing. One could easily mistake this practice photo for one taken for a real product advertisement!

Beautiful Moment
"Beautiful Moment"
by: JRMannn
No Exifs Available

Photographer's Comment: Sometimes I just chuckle when I find captures like this. I wasn't planning on shooting macros but I got to work a little early, turned on my computer, went to the side of the office where the trees are. Didn't see much happening so I was heading back to the office. On the way this bluish color caught my eye, which was the butterfly. I haven't seen this before but after all the rain and gloomy skies, this is my reward. Thank you Lord! =)

Editor's Comment: Among the butterfly and flowers shared into the FPC pool of photos (there are countless of them, if you'll notice), I have to give accolades to this one for the superb colors and the angle with which it was taken, bringing out the brilliance of the blue, brown and pink. Truly a rewarding macro moment for JRMann :D

No comments: